Travel Within the U.S.

While traveling within the U.S., F-1/J-1 students and scholars are advised to always carry their original passport (valid six months into the future) with entry stamp, and Form I-20 (F-1) or Form DS-2019 (J-1).

If you choose not to carry your original immigration documents when in the Boston area, you are strongly advised to carry copies (consider at minimum, a photo of these documents stored on your  mobile phone.).

While it is unlikely you would be questioned, having these documents with you provides immediate proof of your lawful status in the U.S. The Glavin Office can verify this information by phone should it be necessary. Call Babson Public Safety to reach us after hours.