Incoming students should follow these steps to apply for financial aid.
Be sure to meet Babson’s deadlines in order to receive full consideration for financial aid.
Complete the CSS PROFILE at www.cssprofile.org to apply for Babson’s need-based grants and scholarships. Babson’s CSS PROFILE deadline is 11/15 for Early Decision and Early Action candidates and 2/1 for Regular Decision candidates.
- Be sure to include Babson College (#3075) on your list of schools.
- For students whose parents are self-employed or own a business or farm: You will be asked about the income, expenses, assets, and liabilities of your business. After submitting the CSS PROFILE, please upload a copy of the most recent year's business tax return to the College Board's Image and Documentation Service (IDOC) - see step 4.
- For students whose parents are separated or divorced: You and your custodial parent (referred to as "Household A") should complete the CSS PROFILE. Under "Additional Parent Application," please provide an email address for your noncustodial parent (referred to as "Household B"), and the College Board will forward information on how your noncustodial parent should complete his/her section of the CSS PROFILE. If you have already submitted the CSS PROFILE and need to add another parent, you can also add this information on the applicant’s dashboard. Babson College believes that the primary responsibility for paying for college lies with the student and family. In the case of divorced or separated parents, we expect each parent to complete the CSS PROFILE. However, if there are extenuating circumstances related to your family, you may submit a CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent (pdf). Submission of the waiver request does not guarantee that it will be approved. Review the instructions on page one and submit the waiver and any supporting documentation directly to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) . Upon receipt, we will review the information provided and follow up with you via email.
Complete the FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal aid.
- We encourage you to submit the FAFSA by 11/15 if you are an Early Decision or Early Action candidate or by 2/1 if you are a Regular Decision candidate.
- You must create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID), made up of a username and password. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on the Department of Education websites, such as the FAFSA and Federal Student Aid sites. Parents of dependent students will also need to create their own FSA IDs in order to electronically sign the FAFSA. Find more information about the FSA ID at studentaid.gov.
- Be sure to list Babson College (#002121).
Review the list of scholarships at Babson that have additional application requirements and decide if you wish to apply.
In order to finalize your financial aid package, upload all verification documents to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) at https://pages.collegeboard.org/idoc as soon as possible, but no later than 4/1. For issues or assistance with IDOC, please contact the College Board at (866) 897-9881.