Parents report to us that value is a key consideration when choosing a college.
It’s not just about the name. It’s about the quality of the educational experience. At Babson, we prepare our students for a future full of opportunities by providing a world-class education that is bold and innovative, yet practical and valued by employers. We are proud to have been named No. 1 private business school for ROI (PayScale, 2016) and No. 2 in alumni earnings among U.S. business programs (U.S. Department of Education College Scorecard, 2016)
A Third Party Proxy may
- Make an online payment
- View the student’s tuition account
- Set up a payment plan
- Check to see if a payment has been received
- View the student’s disbursed financial aid
- Receive notices about important payment deadlines
A Third Party Proxy cannot
- View the student’s grades
- Read or access the student’s email
- View any student records other than the SFS information listed above.
Because student records are protected under the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, it is the student’s choice to give the eProxy authorization.
Here are a few tips to consider as you think about the investment in college for your student:
- Include your son/daughter in conversations about finances and how you think about value.
- Ask your son/daughter to share information they receive from Babson, especially application procedures and deadlines (we expect students to be responsible for this information, but two heads are better than one). Enrolled Babson students can designate a parent or guardian as a Third Party Proxy.
- Consider a payment plan. You can spread out the tuition payments over 4 months each term.
- If you need a loan to cover a portion of college expenses, you can check out our recommendations below. Parent loan programs are offered by the government and by private lenders. Please note that you are in no way limited to the private lenders which we recommend; you are welcome to apply to any lender you choose.
- Feel free to tap Babson’s Student Financial Services staff as a resource!
What is a Third Party Proxy in Workday?
A Third Party Proxy is a parent, guardian, or anyone else that the student designates to have online access to their Student Financial Services (SFS) information. In SFS we recommend that students set up a parent or guardian as a Third Party Proxy, and grant access, to allow for communication and information about your student account.
When a student designates Third Party Proxy, they will grant access to any or all of the following information:
- Make a payment
- View account activity
- View student statement
Anyone designated as a Third Party Proxy will receive an email with a password to access the student’s SFS information online through Workday.
Third Party Proxy in Workday will replace the previous eProxy access. Students are required to manage their Third Party Proxy permissions in Workday.
Parent and Third Party Proxy Workday Guides
We annually evaluate financing options to ensure that we are recommending loans with competitive rates and flexible repayment options.
Parent Loan Options
You are in no way limited to loans or lenders on our list of options. Babson will process a loan from any lender, and it is your right to apply for loans through the lender of your choice.
For parents who wish to borrow through the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan, please complete the application.