The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
HEERF III Funds
HEERF III Student Emergency Grants
Babson College is in receipt of additional funds for student emergency grants from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III), part of the American Rescue Plan (ARP), Public Law 117-2, signed into law on March 11, 2021. The total amount is $2,192,421. For this round of funding, ARP requires that institutions prioritize the awarding of grants to students with exceptional financial need. Babson will use the 21-22 FAFSA Total Family Contribution (TFC) figure to determine need levels. However, unlike HEERF I and HEERF II, non-US citizens as well as students who did not file the 21-22 FAFSA are eligible for funds. Students must be enrolled for the Fall 2021 semester:
- Students with a TFC of 0 – 10,000 will receive $2,000
- Students with a TFC of 10,001 – 35,600 will receive $1,000
- Students with a TFC of 35,601 up to their cost of attendance will receive $500
All other students, including international students and students not applying for financial aid, will receive $225.
UPDATE – In January 2022, due to remaining funds, newly enrolled students for the Spring 2022 semester, as well as returning students not enrolled in the fall, were offered the same grants as listed above. Any remaining funds were offered in $550 increments to those students who previously received grants of $500 or higher until the funds were fully spent in March 2022.
How to request your grant in Workday:
- Be sure that your payment elections are up to date with your current U.S. bank account information so that we can transfer the funds to you electronically.
- Submit the refund request – be sure to click on the HEERF III refund request. You will be asked to certify that you have COVID-related expenses equal to the amount of your grant, however, you do not need to provide additional documentation.
- Refunds will be processed during the month of December 2021. Funds not requested by early January 2022 will be redistributed to students with the highest financial need.
Quarterly HEERF III Reporting for 6/30/2021
Quarterly HEERF III Reporting for 9/30/2021
Quarterly HEERF III Reporting for 12/31/2021