HEERF II Student Emergency Grants
Babson College is in receipt of additional funds for student emergency grants from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II), part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on December 27, 2020. The total amount is $880,995. For this round of funding, CRRSAA requires that institutions prioritize the awarding of grants to students with financial need. Babson College will use the 20-21 FAFSA Total Family Contribution figure and cost of attendance to determine eligibility. Students must be enrolled for the Spring 2021 semester and be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Students with a TFC of 0 – 10,000 will receive $1,100
- Students with a TFC of 10,001 – 35,600 will receive $600
- Students with a TFC of 35,601 and higher, up to their cost of attendance, will receive $300
Information about disbursement:
- Since eligibility is based on the FAFSA, there is no application process. Checks will be processed and sent out to eligible students by mid-April.
- Grants may be used for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus including tuition, housing, health care, transportation, and technology costs due to remote learning.
- Receipt of the grant does not impact a student’s 20-21 or 21-22 financial aid package.
- Based on the listed criteria, we anticipate 1,156 students (undergraduate and graduate) will receive funds.
Quarterly HEERF II Reporting for 3/31/2021
Quarterly HEERF II Reporting for 6/30/2021