The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
Driver Authorization Process
All applicants must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license for a minimum of one year.
Drivers Subject to the Driver Authorization Process
- Drivers of vehicles owned, leased, or rented in the name of the College
- Employees required to drive as a requirement of employment
- Employees driving personally owned vehicles on behalf of the College
Summary of the Driver Authorization Process
There are four steps to becoming authorized to drive Babson-owned vehicles:
- Submit an application through workday
- Log into workday and click on requests.
- Click on create request.
- Type driver authorization in the drop down box, and enter.
- Click on OK in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Complete the driver authorization application and submit.
- Driver history review*
- If your application is acceptable, you will receive an email from CSI, asking you to provide the information necessary for them to obtain a copy of your motor vehicle record. If you don’t see that email in your in-box, please check your junk mail.
- You will enter a secure third party site, where you will provide personally identifiable information necessary to obtain your motor vehicle record.
- We will review your driver history to determine whether or not it meets the College’s criteria for authorization to drive College-owned vehicles.
- The turn-around time for this review is approximately 24–72 hours from the time you submit your information to CSI.
- Successfully complete 2 driver safety courses
- When you receive the instruction in workday to click on the link to complete the driver safety course, you will be sent to a different site, where you will log in to complete the Babson Transportation Safety course.
- There are 4 courses available. You are welcome to take all of the courses, but you are required to take the defensive driver and van safety courses, if you are requesting authorization to drive vehicles other than golf carts or gators. If you are requesting authorization to drive golf carts or gators, you are required to complete the golf cart safety course.
- Vehicle orientation
- Contact Public Safety to schedule a vehicle orientation.
You are responsible for understanding and adhering to the Babson College Driver and Vehicle Use Policy. Your infractions of this policy may render you subject to the Student Conduct Process or action by Human Resources.
*Driver History Review
- This is a confidential review.
- The driver history review does not affect the driver’s credit score.
The Risk Management Office supports the core mission of Babson College by protecting the assets of the College from accidental loss, and assuring the continued ability to operate and deliver services.
The Office establishes and implements risk management policies and procedures by identifying and managing the College's exposures to accidental loss.
Office of Finance and Treasury
Horn Library, Room 309
231 Forest Street
Babson Park, MA 02457