In an increasingly global business world, Babson believes it is important to have a student population that reflects international diversity, and students come to Babson from more than 80 countries around the world.
Babson values the individual cultural perspectives and experiences international students bring to the classroom and the community. With several academic concentrations and many student organizations that focus on multicultural and international perspectives, the academic and student life at Babson is one of a kind.
You also will be supported as you adjust to life in the United States. International Student and Scholar Services and the Centers for Career Development are two examples of offices that provide extensive resources and workshops for international students.
Applying to Babson
Prospective international undergraduate students interested in applying to Babson go through the same application process as domestic students with the added requirement of the TOEFL or IELTS exam for applicants whose native language is not English. As an alternative to scheduling an interview through the Office of Undergraduate Admission, applicants from China also may choose to do so through InitialView.com.
International graduate students should review the information below to ensure your application is complete. If you have any questions about completing your application, email Graduate Admissions or call 781-239-4317.
How to Submit Your International Language Test Scores
- TOEFL iBT: Babson requires that candidates take the TOEFL iBT, the internet-based test that has the spoken language component. Test results must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). We will not accept institutional TOEFL results (i.e., those given by language training programs, institutions, or other colleges). Information and registration forms are available from ETS. Our ETS reporting code is 3075.
- IELTS: Results must be sent directly from IELTS. Information and registration forms are available from IELTS.
- PTE: Information and registration forms are available from Pearson. Babson’s Pearson program code is WFS-5T-20.
International Language Test Waiver Policy
TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE test scores and official English translations of all required academic documents must be submitted if:
- Your native language is not English.
- You have NOT earned a bachelor’s or master’s from an institution in the United States, U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or India.
You may request an exam waiver if:
- Your native language is English.
- You have earned a degree from an institution in a country other than the United States, where the ONLY language of instruction was English.
- The official national language of your country of citizenship is English.
- You have been employed in the United States full time for at least two consecutive years.
Please email Graduate Admissions for additional instructions on how to request an exam waiver. Babson reserves the right to request a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE test score from all international applicants.
Blended Learning MBAs
The Blended Learning MBA – Miami is considered a full-time program, and international applicants are eligible for F-1/J-1 student status.
The Blended Learning MBA in Wellesley is considered a part-time program. International applicants who are currently in nonimmigrant status (H-1B, B-1/B-2, L, TN, etc.), or who are currently outside of the United States seeking entry to earn a Babson MBA in the blended learning format in Wellesley, are not eligible for F-1/J-1 student status. International applicants interested in the Blended Learning MBA may be eligible for other nonimmigrant status depending on the status and the situation.
Upon submission of your application, transcripts from all institutions (graduate and undergraduate) are required. Unofficial transcripts are accepted to review your application and render a decision. Upon admittance, you will be required to submit official copies of your transcripts. If your transcripts are not in English, they will need to be translated into English before your application can be reviewed.
International Transcript Requirements:
All graduate school applicants must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree. For degrees granted from an institution outside of the US, U.K., or Canada, you must provide an equivalency evaluation of your degree if you are admitted and choose to enroll at Babson. Babson prefers the following evaluation services:
- World Education Services, Inc.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- International Education Research Foundation
A final credential evaluation is required if your degree was not conferred at the time of your first evaluation. Most services charge a small additional fee to have the evaluation updated once the degree is conferred.
If you have any questions regarding your transcripts, please contact Graduate Admissions at 781-239-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your host institution is a partner organization of Babson’s you may be nominated to attend Babson. Exchange students are admitted as nondegree students and are eligible to take courses in all disciplines, including Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, Arts and Humanities, and Technology. Learn more about the process to attend Babson as an exchange student.