The Blank School engages Babson community members and leads research to create entrepreneurial leaders.
The Glavin Office of International Education provides a wealth of resources to assist you in your international endeavors.
The trusted resources below will provide you with information and guidance to begin research for your travels and experience abroad.
- U.S. Department of State Students Abroad provides information on applying for a passport, preparing to go abroad, learning about your destination, and information on responding to medical emergencies.
- U.S. Department of State issues travel information about individual countries and will send notices of any safety concerns that may arise abroad. This site also provides passport application instructions and international travel information including Country Specific Information sheets with visa information.
- International SOS provides assistance to travelers and expatriates around the world, and includes services ranging from telephone advice and referrals to full-scale evacuation by private air ambulance. ALL Babson faculty, staff, and students who are traveling on international college-sponsored programs are REQUIRED to register with International SOS prior to travel.
- U.S. State Department Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) enables U.S. citizens to register their travel plans with the U.S. Department of State, who will send notices of safety concerns that may arise abroad.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets include such information as location of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, unusual immigration practices, health conditions, minor political disturbances, unusual currency and entry regulations, crime and security information, and drug penalties for every country in the world.
- U.S. Passports and International Travel provides information on how to apply for a passport.
- Center for Disease Control provides online health information, including country-specific travel health and vaccination information.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) produces a report with information about main health risks for travelers by country.
- U.S. Embassies Abroad provides a listing of all U.S. Embassies around the world.
- CIA World Fact Book provides general background information on each country.
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) Crime and Safety Reports provide crime and safety reports on an annual basis written by U.S. Regional Security Officers about the current environment overseas.
- Global Road Warrior: Babson Library Resource
- Lonely Planet
- The World Clock: Time Zones
- Bounce: Luggage Storage
The following are online currency converters:
- Duolingo: Learn Spanish, English, French, German, Portuguese, and Italian using this free iPhone and Android app.
- Mango Languages: Learn Spanish, French, or one of the more than 50 languages via this software offered online via the Babson Horn Library. Mango uses real-life situations and conversations to teach users a new language by offering you the opportunity to listen and repeat words, phrases, and conversations. You will learn not only grammar, vocabulary, and conjugation, you will learn how to communicate.
The following are online travel translation dictionaries: