Students planning to enroll in a short-term education abroad or away program are required to attend all course pre-travel sessions including:
- All faculty-led, pre-departure academic sessions
- Convey key academic concepts and prepare students for their experience abroad through lectures, group work, and student presentations
- Glavin Office pre-departure orientation sessions (UG: In Class, GRAD: Online)
- Convey information that will be relevant to both pre-departure planning and time abroad, including intercultural concepts, career services pointers, logistics, and health and safety
- Answer any logistical/travel questions
The date and time of the pre-departure sessions are listed on the specific course brochure pages.
NOTE: All pre-departure sessions are mandatory and attendance is factored into your final grade for the course (see course syllabus for specifics). If, for whatever reason, you anticipate a conflict with any portion of the course (i.e. pre-departure/orientation sessions, travel dates, or wrap-up/final deliverable requirements), please contact the faculty member and program manager before you apply for the course to see if accommodations can be made.